To better communicate with our Parents, we have initiated a new private DOJO Classroom Communication Internet Forum. Our Parents will each receive access instructions and a personalized Parent Account Code for privacy and for their personal access to Class DOJO. Within the DOJO Community Classroom we post and share the following:
- Recent Individual and Group Photos/Videos of Your Child immersed in daily PBELC activities and learning centers
- Daily schedules of program, class and play center activities
- Messages from our Program Director regarding updates on your child’s emotional and social development at PBELC
- Daily updates and messages communicating what your child does and has accomplished at PBELC each day. In essence, we want you to know how much learning progress your child is making
- Weekly updates and messages from the Program Director regarding food menus, nutrition, special activities, songs we sing, art and indoor and outdoor activities
- PBELC Curriculum your child is involved in daily, weekly and monthly
- Samples of your Child’s art work and other creative efforts
- PBELC Curriculum Schedule
- Gee Whiz Parent tips and recommendations for your Home Setting and time away from PBELC that correlate with our weekly curriculum
- Resource recommendations for our Parents to improve their Parenting skills
Class DOJO connects the PBELC Program Director and Teachers to our parents, and helps PBELC to communicate consistently with Parents about their child’s activities, social and behavioral development at PBELC. Communicating throughout the year, and even throughout the preschool day, means PBELC Parents are apprised of what their kids are experiencing and how they are behaving at PBELC all the time, and Parents are not surprised by incidents that are only discussed in a once-a-month or quarterly parent-teacher meeting.
The idea is to engage and help our Parents guide conversations at home and support, shape and enhance the preschool learning and development their kids are daily engaged in. Class DOJO is a free multi-platform, easy-to-use app that creates and enhances a culture and community between PBELC’s Program Director, our teachers and our Parents. Our Parents can utilize their IPhones, IPads or desktop/laptop computers on a real time basis to daily access Class DOJO.
We believe the DOJO Classroom is just another element of service that sets us apart from other preschools. We welcome feedback from our Parents and believe the Class DOJO provides a framework for you to better communicate with our PBELC Program Director and Teachers.
PBELC is truly an advanced setting for Child Learning. We welcome you to provide comments through Class DOJO to our Program Director and Teachers regarding any topics or issues you would like to comment on.